The Biggest Trends in 2020 that made it a Hit for Online Retailers
The pandemic has caused a global economic crisis, but shoppers don’t seem to be affected by it. Black Friday and Cyber Monday were a sure hit as online retailers generated a lot of revenue!
According to the National Retail Federation, Ecommerce revenue now represents 10.7% of U.S. retail sales. With 47% of eCommerce transactions, Globally, the online share of total retail sales is now 16.4%, with eCommerce accounting for more than three-quarters of overall retail growth.
See the top online retail trends of 2020–
- Ecommerce sales have been rising exponentially due to COVID-19. This will continue to rise even in the near future, as people are getting what they want without stepping out of their homes. Hence, eradicating any risks of transmission.
- There was a time when people used to be hesitant about online shopping, but that’s not the case anymore. Websites have been made more user-friendly to provide a smart buying experience to the customers.
Growth in Mobile Shopping
The growth of online shopping is seeing a rise, particularly from Mobile devices. As trust in online shopping is increasing, consumers feel a lot more comfortable while shopping from mobile devices.
The millennials and Gen Z who have grown up surrounded by technology and the internet are more likely to shop from mobile devices.
According to Statista, 2019, By the end of 2021, 73% of eCommerce sales will take place on a mobile device. These figures will shape the growth of online shopping in the future.
The willingness to shop from independent retailers
According to Shopify’s survey, about 57% of consumers expressed their inclination towards independent businesses. They said that they would want to make their first purchase from an independent retailer.
The support that has been given to small businesses amidst the pandemic, is also one of the reasons for this spiking growth of small retailers.
37% of the consumers expressed that they are shopping more from small retailers than during pre-covid times.
How to manage this spiking growth in online sales?
Now that you know that the growth in online sales will continue to rise even in the next few years, you have to find solutions to make this process, smooth. So, what do you need?
- Managing all that data on your Shopify store can get a little too overwhelming at times. Hence, you need a smart connector that would ease the process of management of data.
- With Shopify Made Easy, Admins can easily synchronize customers, products, collections, and orders in Shopify in real-time.
- It gives you the ability to import legacy data to Salesforce, manage all eCommerce entities from a single platform.
- Shopify Made Easy is a smart and reliable platform for your Shopify store. It is also the best because it is FREE! Others might charge you a minimum amount of $10-15 every month but this is the most amazing deal!
Shopify Made Easy helps you to integrate your Shopify store with Salesforce seamlessly. It is currently the best integrator on Salesforce AppExchange. If you would like us to schedule a demo for you, contact us here.